Frequently Asked Questions
Uniforms are not required at this time, but there is a dress code on the website.
Yes, we will be working toward accreditation through the National Alliance of Christian Schools.
Yes. If the situation arises where their license has expired, they will be working towards renewing it.
- K-2 will use the same curriculum. The Bible will be integrated throughout the curriculum. See the website under curriculum for a more complete description.
- K-2 Math – Bob Jones University Press
- K-2 Bible – Bob Jones University Press
- K-2 Language Arts - This includes Phonics, Reading, Writing and Spelling - Logic of English
- K-2 Science and Social Studies will be taught through thematic units: Community Helpers, Cultures Around the World, Healthy Bodies, Insects, Plants, Animals, etc.
Lunch will be for 30 minutes and will be in the Family Life Center. Students will bring their lunch, but a couple of days a week, a hot lunch will be available to purchase through a local vendor. These will need to be ordered and paid for two weeks in advance. Look for a survey in August to choose a vendor for the 2023-2024 school year.
We will follow Charlotte-Mecklenburg School District’s calendar fairly closely so that families with children in both schools will have the same holidays. See the website for the complete school year calendar.
The school day will start at 7:45am and end at 2:45pm.
No, there is not a deadline. However, please complete the application as soon as possible so we have an accurate count of students for the Fall 2023 semester.
- Application processing fee - $250.00
- Capital Improvement fee - $75.00
- Tuition - $6,500.00
- If you pay the full tuition amount in August, you will receive a 2% discount which reduces the tuition to $6,370.00.
- Scholarship Information: Opportunity Scholarship is a government program that offers parents assistance with tuition in private schools. Arlington Christian Academy is not a listed school on the Opportunity Scholarship yet, but parents can click ‘unknown option.’ We will notify you once we are registered with Opportunity Scholarship. You can then click on Arlington Christian Academy and your information will migrate to Arlington Christian Academy.
Yes, we have a certified teacher that will teach music 30 minutes per week and art for 30 minutes per week for each grade level.
Yes, Mary Martha Melancon, MS, CCC-SLP, with Hand in Hand Speech Consulting is available to assess students and offer speech therapy. These services will be a personal expense to the parents. See the website under School Support Personnel for contact information. Website: www.handinhandslp.com; Email: email@example.com; 704-442-5414.
Yes. Kelly Ringersoll currently sees students in the preschool who need an Occupational Therapist. These services will be a personal expense to the parents. Contact information: Tori Southerland 704-817-2173.
They will use Chromebooks for concept reinforcement on given days as needed but not as part of their daily routine. Research shows that children learn better with personal instruction. Electronic devices will be introduced in Fourth Grade.
Yes, students will participate in Chapel once each week led by a staff member of Arlington Baptist Church.
The school colors are blue and white and the mascot is the eagle.